Bitcoin ATMs are fast becoming one of the most convenient ways to buy and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in the U.S. But how much does it really cost to buy and set up a Bitcoin ATM? What is the average Bitcoin ATM price? And how much is too much?
Different types of Bitcoin ATMs and what they offer
Before we dive into actual Bitcoin ATM prices, we have to distinguish between the different types of Bitcoin ATMs. This is important because the specific features offered impact the cost.
Some key elements to think about include,
- One-way vs two-way Bitcoin ATMs. A one-way Bitcoin ATM can only be used to buy cryptocurrencies while a two-way machine allows both the purchase and sale of digital assets. In recent years, two-way machines have become the standard as they provide more functionality.
- Cryptocurrencies supported. Bitcoin ATMs differ in the cryptocurrencies they support. There are machines that only let customers buy and sell Bitcoin, while others offer a wide variety of coins – such as, Dogecoin, Litecoin, or Ethereum.
- Hardware and software. Manufacturers have significant differences in the hardware and software components they use. Bitcoin ATMs are a long-term investment, so premium quality materials are more likely to pay off in the long run.
Bitcoin ATM Prices:
Currently, there is a wide range in price for Bitcoin ATMs. Depending on the model and the manufacturer you choose, the price can vary between $6,000 to even $15,000 for a two-way machine. Given the cost differences, it’s important to do research about what machine best suits your needs.
ChainBytes Bitcoin ATMs
- Two-way Bitcoin ATM
- 19” touch screen monitor
- Audio amplifiers
- Cash recycler
- Thermal Printer
- Sturdy steel housing
- 2D Barcode/ID scanner
- Built in camera
- Plug-and-play set up
- ChainBytes custom dashboard software
ChainBytes also offers the Universal Machine with add-ons. These machines include all the features listed above, but also add,
- A top mounted screen that allows owners to display promotional/advertising materials for their business. This adds an additional $300 to the $6,500 for the machine.
- An S&G 6124 lock, which provides an additional layer of protection and helps you meet requirements for armed cash-service providers. This adds an additional $340 to the $6,500 for the machine.
Like any investment, it’s important to do your research and figure out what Bitcoin ATMs work best for your business. To learn more about ChainBytes Bitcoin ATM machines or about how to start a Bitcoin ATM business, feel free to contact us today to speak with a representative.
*Reflects December 2021 prices. Prices subject to change. Contact sales department for more details.
Follow us on Social Media:
As a leader in innovation ChainBytes is happy to announce the integration of NTFs on our Bitcoin ATM network. ChainBytes has recently partnered with Museo del Caos to bring their artists NTFs directly to customers worldwide. What is The Museo del Caos? Founded in...
An new Bitcoin ATM kiosk is now available in Scranton, Pennsylvania, located at the Valley Supermarket, address 940 Jefferson Ave, Scranton, PA. 18510 The Bitcoin ATM is located at the front of the store to the left of the entrance and is available 7 days a week. The...
For those entrepreneurs who are just entering the crypto space, it can be difficult to choose which Bitcoin ATM providers offer the best machines and support for the best price. In this article, we have collected the most important reasons why...