Gift Bitcoin this holiday season! Send your loved ones a Bitcoin paper wallet loaded
with crypto! This is a great way to give Bitcoin to first time holders or to those who
already love and use Bitcoin.
The BTC can be purchased at a Bitcoin ATM and sent to an address on a Bitcoin paper wallet. You can then send the paper wallet as a gift or in a holiday greeting card.
How to gift Bitcoin using a Bitcoin ATM:
- Go to a Bitcoin ATM to purchase Bitcoin with cash.
- When prompted to scan your wallet, choose the option, “Print a Paper Wallet” (e.g. located at the lower right-hand of the screen on ChainBytes Bitcoin ATM
machines). The machine will print a paper wallet containing both your public and private keys.
- Now that you have your paper wallet printed, when prompted to “scan your wallet” by the Bitcoin ATM machine, scan the printed paper wallet into the machine.
- Follow the prompts and insert cash to purchase the amount of Bitcoin you wish to give.
- To give the bitcoins as a gift, simply place the printed paper wallet you created
into your holiday gift box or card!
- The recipient can import the Bitcoin from the paper wallet to a mobile wallet by
downloading a mobile wallet from the App Store (e.g. bluewallet.io).
- From there, all they need to do is open the app, chose the “import wallet” option, and scan the private keys from the paper wallet.
- The Bitcoin is then imported to their mobile wallet!
Giving Bitcoin as a gift is a terrific idea!
Spend some time with anyone you give Bitcoins to, to help them learn. Make sure recipients know never to reveal their private key, and that if their private key is lost, their Bitcoin may never be recovered.
Giving Bitcoins as a gift provides an opportunity to introduce new people to
cryptocurrency, helps teach personal and financial responsibility, and serves as a great store of value for the recipient over time!
Follow us on Social Media:
Software for GenMega & Coinsource Bitcoin ATMs We are happy to announce that our software now supports GenMega (example: Coinsource and other GenMega white-labeled). Companies that in their fleet have and operate GenMega Bitcoin ATM machines will now have...
Blockchain Land 2022 On October 5th-7th the biggest LATAM blockchain conference will take place in Monterrey Mexico. We are honored to present and be a part of the conference. On October 7th at 1pm our CEO Eric Grill will take the stage for a one-hour panel...
We are happy to announce that our operator Hippo Kiosks is now operating over 50 Bitcoin ATMs in East Pennsylvania! One of the newest Bitcoin ATM kiosks is now available at Coplay Pennsylvania, located at Coplay Mini Mart, address 29 N 2nd St, Coplay, PA 18037. The...