Blockchain is currently the hottest industry in the world. Best mind in the world think it will revolutionise the way business is conducted and change the world for better. Unfortunately, not many people are just spectators. Here is a list of things you can do to get involved in the industry.
- Buying, holding and trading: You could buy some Bitcoins or altcoins and hold them as an investor. If you are experienced in financial markets or trading, you could trade them on various exchanges.
- Spreading the word. Become a knowledge-worker / consultant: This revolution needs more people to spread the knowledge. We are still at an early stage and as the space grows, we need knowledgeable people out there to educate the masses about Blockchain and cryptocurrencies in general.
- Joining a Blockchain project: There are numerous Blockchain projects and you could join one if it excites you. A simple Google search will fetch you the coolest and most disruptive projects around you.
- Starting a Blockchain project: If you have an industry in mind that could benefit from this technology, you could start a project and change the world.
- Mining: Cryptocurrencies are mined instead of minted. If you are a hardware geek, you could get yourself an ASIC and start mining your favourite coin.
- Accept cryptocurrencies in your existing business: More traditional businesses now accept cryptocurrencies every day. If you are an entrepreneur, you could start accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment or if you work in a company, you could recommend the same.
- Host a Bitcoin ATM: Easiest way to get your friends/family buying into the revolution is to get them acquainted to Bitcoin via a mode that they are already familiar with – an ATM. Host a Bitcoin ATM.
- Learning Blockchain programming: If you are a programmer, get on the Blockchain train. Learn solidity and you can develop on the most popular platform – Ethereum. Even if you do not want to learn a new language, there are platforms where you could code in C++ and other languages.
- Identify how your current industry can benefit from Blockchain and implement: Whatever industry you are in, there is a high likeliness that it will be disrupted by Blockchain much like every industry was made more efficient by the advent of the internet. Identify areas in which you can improve efficiencies by implementing Blockchain and do it.